- Program: Reliance Retail Limited (“Reliance”) offers this program, starting 18th September 2021 and ending March 31, 2022 (“Maha Cashback Program” or “Program”). Any person, who (i) is an individual resident of India as defined under the Income Tax Act, 1961), (ii) is of eighteen (18) years of age or above and has the capacity to enter into a contract and (iii) meets such eligibility conditions as may be stipulated by Reliance from time to time; can become a member (“Maha Cashback Member”) of this Program upon voluntarily providing his/her mobile number at the time of shopping for the products and services sold or offered by Reliance. As part of the Maha Cashback Program, Maha Cashback Member can avail a wide range of offers through points earned (“Maha Cashback Points”) as a Mode of Payment (“MOP”) from any of our selected stores or websites or on mobile applications (collectively referred to as “Reliance Platforms”) operated and maintained by Reliance.
- Enrolment: Participation in the Maha Cashback Program is purely voluntary and subject to compliance with terms and conditions hereinafter contained (“Maha Cashback Terms and Conditions”, or “T&C”). Reliance may, at its sole discretion, reject the enrolment in the Maha Cashback Program for reasons it deems appropriate.
- Amendments: Reliance reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this Maha Cashback Program/T&C and/or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria and other pertinent terms and conditions at their sole discretion at any time during its validity as may be required including in view of business exigencies and/or changes by a regulatory authority and/or statutory changes and/or any reasons beyond their control and the same shall be binding on the Maha Cashback Member.
- Acceptance: A person’s application for enrolment in the Maha Cashback Program by providing his/her mobile number at the time of billing on any of the Reliance Platforms shall be deemed to be explicit acceptance of the T&C. Maha Cashback Member hereby acknowledges that he/she has understood and unconditionally accepts the T&C. Any Maha Cashback Member providing incorrect information or concealing/withholding any information from Reliance with intent to participate in this Maha Cashback Program will automatically be disqualified from participating in it. Reliance’s determination of such disqualification, at any point of time, shall be final and binding.
- Eligible Products:: Eligible Maha Cashback Member shall be entitled to earn the Maha Cashback Points, in terms of Clause 9 below, only on Reliance Platforms where the said Maha Cashback Member purchases eligible goods and/or ResQ care plan, Jio Mobile Recharges (pre-paid plans, data vouchers.) (excludes all type of services including (i) ‘JioFiber’ recharges and other services like, i.e., installation, warranty, repair services; (ii) items such as gift cards, vouchers and the like; (iii) jewellery products; and (iv) products and services for which any other ongoing scheme or offer is availed) (“Eligible Products”) and completes payment in respect thereof. Reliance shall the sole right to determine applicability of Eligible Products for the purposes of the Program from time to time.
- Eligible Transaction:For transactions on Reliance Platform(s) for Eligible Product(s) during the tenure of the Program i.e. from 18th September 2021 till March 31, 2022 (each a “Transaction”), the following conditions apply: a.) Any transactions where any other prevailing scheme and/or offers are utilised on the Reliance Platforms and Eligible Products, the Maha Cashback Program will not apply and cannot be availed. b.) The Maha Cashback Points applicable to a Transaction when performed in physical store included under Reliance Platforms shall, subject to expiry of Return Period (defined hereinafter) and in terms of Clause 9 below, be provided for a Maha Cashback Member only upon the latter providing his/her valid and active registered mobile number to the cashier or authorized personnel at such physical store at the time of billing or check out for the Transaction. c.) In case of online/digital Reliance Platforms, where the Maha Cashback Member does not have a valid and active registered mobile number at the time of performing the Transaction, a valid and active registered mobile number will have to be furnished by such Maha Cashback Member prior to check out of the Transaction.
- Mart Cash Back Points: The following terms and conditions apply to the earning and redemption of Mart Cash Bank Points:
a.Maha Cashback Points accrue to a Maha Cashback Member after (i) The Maha Cashback Member, in compliance with the T&C, performs a Transaction; and (ii) the expiry of the Return Period.
b.The accrued Maha Cashback Points shall be credited in terms of Clause 9 only on successful delivery of the order, where the Maha Cashback Member has neither sought for or availed return and/or refund and within 3 working days after expiry of the period stipulated for return and/or refund per respective Reliance Platform(s) policies (“Return Period”). All subsequent Maha Cashback Points earned will be credited to the customers cashback account within 3 working days from the Return Period policies of respective Reliance Platform (s).
c. Maha Cashback Points cannot be encashed and do not carry any real money value. Maha Cashback Points are redeemable only against select products or services in accordance with the prevailing redemption policy / schemes at the time of such redemption (“Redeemable Products”).
d. Maha Cashback Member can know the current balance of Maha Cashback Points by visiting JioMart website and through authenticated login credentials. Reliance’s computation of Maha Cashback Points shall be final and binding on the Maha Cashback Member.
e. Maha Cashback Member can earn Maha Cashback Point(s) for a Transaction, upon expiry of the Return Period, subject to such Maha Cashback Member (i) performing such Transaction of a minimum threshold value in such Reliance Platform(s) as determined by Reliance from time to time; and (ii) such Maha Cashback Points of value as determined on the basis of net payment made by the Maha Cashback Member for a Transaction other than by utilisation of cashback or loyalty points or any other promotional currency; and (iii) such maximum threshold of Maha Cashback Points that can be earned for Transactions performed in a day in a relevant Reliance Platform(s), as determined by Reliance from time to time (“Points Threshold”).
f. To enable provisioning of various offers associated with the Maha Cashback Points across a diverse range of Eligible Products and in different Reliance Platforms, Reliance reserves the right to determine, including modify, from time to time:- (i) the Eligible Products; (ii) the applicable Reliance Platforms; (iii) the Points Threshold; and (iv) the offers, including the manner of determining the offers applicable against the Maha Cashback Points. Maha Cashback Members are advised to check the applicable Maha Cashback Points, including attendant terms thereto, for a Transaction, at the time of performing such Transaction.
g. g) The following table outlines Reliance Platform wise: the eligible minimum net transaction value, Maha Cashback Points earnings ratio and Points Threshold
Serial number Applicable Reliance Platforms (i.e., formats) Minimum net transaction value* (i.e., purchase of Eligible Products) required to earn Maha Cashback Points Maha Cashback Points earned for every Rs 100 of the net payments* made by the Maha Cashback Member for purchasing Eligible Products (earnings ratio) Maximum Maha Cashback Points that can be earned in a day on purchase of Eligible Products.(Points Threshold) 1 Reliance Smart/ Fresh/ Smart Point/ JioMart Rs.200 10 200 Maha Cash Back Points per day, across all the formats mentioned 2 Reliance Digital/ My Jio Stores/ Jio Points Rs.200 20 200 Maha Cash Back Points per day across all the formats mentioned 3 Reliance Trends/ Project Eve/ Ajio Rs.200 20 500 Maha Cash Back Points /day across all the formats mentioned 4 Partner Grocery Stores (Kirana) representing Reliance. Rs.200 10 200 Maha Cash Back Points / day across all the formats mentioned 5 Partner merchants representing Reliance. Rs.200 20 200 Maha Cash Back Points /day across all the formats mentioned 6 Zivame/ Netmeds/Urban Ladder (Reliance affiliates) Rs.200 20 200 Maha Cash Back Points /day across all the formats mentioned
i. Any redemption of the Maha Cashback Points shall strictly in accordance with the T&C; (ii) cannot be clubbed with any other offer or scheme and (ii) for a redemption performed against purchase of Redeemable Products, not exceed Maha Cashback Points equivalent in value to 20% of total billing value of such transaction ; (iii) any redemption of the Maha Cashback Points shall be adjusted with the Redeemable Products in an order as agreed by the participating seller(s); and (iv) not exceed a maximum redemption period of 90 days from the date of accrual of Maha Cashback Points, except where the Program terminates, the redemption period will stand reduced to 30 days from the date of termination of the Program i.e. March 31, 2022.
j. The Program ends on March 31, 2022 and hence the Maha Cashback Points shall cease to accrue after March 31, 2022, and any accrual shall happen strictly in accordance with the T&C. The Maha Cashback Points accrued till March 31, 2022 shall be credited upon fulfilment of conditions under this T&C. All Maha Cashback Points accrued till March 31, 2022 and credited must be redeemed on or before April 30, 2022. The redemption is subject to verification of the Maha Cashback Member through OTP authentication of their registered mobile number at the time of redemption. Any Maha Cashback Points pending redemption as on April 30, 2022, cannot be transferred into account or refunded or encashed and shall lapse on May 01, 2022.
k. In case of any refund processed for an Eligible Product (s) and/or a Transaction (s) as per policy and processes of Reliance, all corresponding Maha Cashback Points credited to a Maha Cashback Member, shall stand cancelled.
l. In case of any refund processed for the Redeemable Product(s) and/ or a Transaction (s) as per the policy and processes of Reliance, the refund shall be processed as per the original MOP and as per the Cancellation, Return and Refund Policy of the respective Reliance Platform(s). The Maha Cashback Points used to pay for the Redeemable Product(s) which is sought to be returned, shall be credited back to the Maha Cashback Points balance of the Maha Cashback Member subject to the T&C. The Maha Cashback Points cannot be put in-to the wallet or encashed by the Maha Cashback Member.
m. For future purchase of Eligible Products/ Transaction using only, Maha Cashback Points; Maha Cashback Points shall accrue only on net payments for such Transaction. For Transactions using any other cashback(s)/points or loyalty points or promotional currency as permitted by Reliance whether in standalone or in combination with Maha Cashback Points; no Maha Cashback Points shall accrue.
n. The Maha Cashback Program is available for the personal use and benefit of an individual only and not for commercial use or for use by enterprises, including companies, partnerships and sole proprietorships. Maha Cashback Points are credited to a Maha Cashback Member which is meant solely for his/her personal consumption. A Maha Cashback Member is identified by the mobile number he/she registers and therefore, the Maha Cashback Member shall ensure that the registered mobile number on the Reliance Platforms belongs to such Maha Cashback Member and is accurate and up-to-date.
o. Reliance will not be responsible for any loss of Maha Cashback Points due to loss, misuse, surrender or transfer of mobile number by Maha Cashback Member.
p. In the event of any change in the registered mobile number, it will be the sole responsibility of the Maha Cashback Member to promptly inform Reliance and strictly adhere to the process of updation or change of his/her registered mobile number, with necessary documents of proof, as may be stipulated by Reliance from time to time. Under no circumstances will Reliance be responsible in any manner for any delay on the part a Maha Cashback Member to inform any change of registered mobile number or failure to adduce necessary documents of proof or adherence to process for effecting such change in the records of Reliance.
- No Transfer of membership: Reliance does not allow a Maha Cashback Member to transfer its membership to another individual and as such cannot be pooled with, combined or transferred to any other mobile number.
- No Warranties:Subject to any applicable laws; (a) All warranties of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, are hereby expressly disclaimed including, but not limited to, meeting of the Maha Cashback Member’s requirements or aspirations, timeliness, security, the results or reliability of the Maha Cashback Program, delay in sending or receiving the SMS for participating in the Maha Cashback Program, any type of delay by the Maha Cashback Member or the delivery, quality, quantity, merchantability, fitness for use or non-infringement in respect of any goods, services, benefits or Maha Cashback Points acquired or obtained through the Maha Cashback Program or any transactions effected through the Maha Cashback Program; and (b) The Maha Cashback Member expressly agree that his/her participation in the Maha Cashback Program is at his/her sole risk and is governed by the T&C herein.
- Statutory Compliances: Reliance, may from time to time, in compliance with extant regulations and applicable law, impose additional terms and conditions that may be necessary for ensuring compliance of the Program with extant law. Such terms and conditions shall be binding upon the Maha Cashback Member.
- Indemnity: The Maha Cashback Member shall indemnify and keep indemnified Reliance and their officers, directors, employees, customers, and affiliates harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, suits, proceedings, action, liabilities, damages, expenses and costs (including attorney’s fees and court costs) which Reliance may incur, pay or become responsible as sponsor/organizer/facilitator as a result of (i) breach or alleged breach of the representations or obligations by the Maha Cashback Member under the T&C hereunder; (ii) any failure by the Maha Cashback Member to comply with applicable law and (iii) any third party claim in respect of misuse of any information of a third party by the Maha Cashback Member.
- Force Majeure:Reliance’s obligation under the Maha Cashback Program is subject to force majeure circumstances including without limitation, floods, epidemic, lockdown, natural disasters, war, act of terror, political unrests, technical snags, act of God, change of laws or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Reliance (“Force Majeure Event”). Reliance shall not be liable for any delay or adverse effect caused to this Maha Cashback Program there under as a result of a Force Majeure Event. . If a Force Majeure Event occurs, Reliance shall not be responsible for any damage or loss which Maha Cashback Member may suffer by reason of such a failure or delay of performance, and such failure or delay shall not be a breach on part of Reliance.
- Waiver and Assignment:Failure by Reliance to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Further, Reliance may assign any of its rights within the Maha Cashback Program to any party without prior intimation to Maha Cashback Member.
- Marketing and Promotion: By redeeming the Maha Cashback points, Maha Cashback Members grant to Reliance a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, assignable license to display, publish, announce or refer the details or name of the Maha Cashback Member (“Member Material”) in any form, electronic or print manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of trade, advertising, and promotion as Reliance and its licensees or assignees determine, without any further compensation, notification, or permission.
(a) All disputes in connection with the Maha Cashback (“Dispute”) within 15 (fifteen) days from the commencement of such Dispute shall be solved amicably. In case of such failure, the Dispute shall upon the expiry of the aforesaid period, be referred to e-arbitration to be conducted by a sole arbitrator, who shall be jointly appointed by Reliance and Maha Cashback Member involved in the Dispute from the panel of available e-arbitrators. All arbitration proceedings may be conducted through mode available on the internet or any other information and communication technology (including but not limited to video call system, telephone or mobile, fax, e-mail facilities) which can be beneficially used to solve disputes. All Arbitration proceedings shall be held in accordance to the provisions of Arbitration and conciliation Act, 1996. The language of arbitration shall be English. The arbitral award shall be final and binding on the Parties. The award may include costs, including reasonable advocates’ fees and disbursements.
(b) Subject to the above clause, all disputes in connection with the Maha Cashback Program are subject to the laws of India and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Mumbai.